Turn To Me For Help When Your Marriage Involves Domestic Violence Or Abuse
Are you a victim of domestic violence? If so, it is important that you know that you have options. At Tracy Miller Law, LLC, in Columbia, I stand ready to provide trusted legal counsel and dedicated services to people who need to protect themselves and separate from an abuser.
In the event that you, your child, or a loved one is being mentally, physically, or emotionally abused by a spouse or family member, get in touch with me right away. I will take you through the legal steps to protect yourself and your children.
What Is Considered Domestic Violence In Maryland?
Times have changed. Domestic violence awareness has grown and both the public and the courts have a broader and more realistic understanding of what violence, threats and intimidation look like in the home.
The state of Maryland considers domestic abuse to be any of the following:
- Assault or battery, including shoving, slapping and poking in the chest when angry or arguing
- Any act that places you in fear of immediate serious bodily harm
- Terroristic threats, saying “I’m going to kill you” or other verbal threats intended to cause terror
- Attempted or actual rape or sexual offense
- False imprisonment, such as holding you against your will
In order to be considered domestic violence, these actions must be taken against a relative, roommate, domestic partner, child or spouse. You do not have to be married or going through a divorce as domestic violence means that it happens in a family or in a home.
Get Compassionate Legal Counsel
I can thoroughly investigate your situation and take immediate action to ensure that you are protected and that justice is served against your abuser.
- You can be confident that your case is in good hands when you retain me as your Columbia, Maryland, family law attorney.
- We can even work toward filing a restraining order to keep your abuser away from you.
- Although this time in your life may seem challenging or overwhelming, it is important to remember that you have options available to you.
- When you work with my firm, I can help you determine your eligibility to file for a domestic violence protective order or assist you in understanding your rights when filing for divorce.
You do not have to face this time alone; let me guide you through it.
Let My Firm Stand Beside You
If you are a victim of domestic violence, be sure to reach out to my firm. I can carefully review your situation and determine the best course of action against your abuser. I understand that this time in your life may be difficult, and you may be fearful for your safety; however, when you work with a lawyer, you can begin taking steps to protect yourself and separate yourself from your abuser.
Spouses, children and even elderly individuals who have been victims of domestic violence are encouraged to contact my family law firm today and schedule a consultation with a trusted domestic violence attorney in Columbia, Maryland.
Get in touch with me today. Call 410-941-4760 or contact me online. I can show you your legal options for putting a stop to the abuse.